Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Do you stick to the commitment? I've evaluated how many of my own goals I completed from my list in 2012 and I did pretty good, but I realized I didn't set the bar very high for myself. My theme for New Year's resolutions for 2013 is to focus on self-improvements, encouraging myself to discover new things and go outside of my comfort zone. Not in the typical "lose ten pounds" and "be a better person" sort of way (although those are great resolutions and I should probably do both), but to set defined goals that I can achieve. So I'm hoping I'll stick to my New Year's resolutions for 2013 if I put them in writing for all of you to read and help hold me responsible to my commitments? Here goes nothing!
Amy's 2013 New Year's Resolutions
1. Learn to fly a plane
2. Learn to shoot a gun
3. Travel to Italy
4. Take a risk (this is a personal multi-step process)
5. Create a paradise yard
6. Journal one thought or memory every day of the year
If you're looking for ideas for your own New Year's resolutions for 2013, try to think outside the box. What's something you've always wanted to do? What do you know you need to improve? What relationships do you need to strengthen? If you're looking for ideas, I've put together a list that you can easily do right here at the Amelia Island Plantation!
New Year's Resolutions at Amelia Island Plantation
1. Play in a tennis tournament with Cliff Drysdale Tennis
2. Improve your golf swing with a lesson at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Golf Academy
3. Get fit at the Health & Fitness Center
4. Cook healthier with fresh ingredients from the local Amelia Farmers Market
5. Don't let stress rule your life, relax at The Spa at Omni Amelia Island Plantation.
6. Spend more time with family! Play miniature golf at Heron's Cove Adventure Golf and eat pizza at Natural Slice, both opening soon
7. Learn something new at the Nature Center on a variety of tours such as Segway and kayaking 8. Shop local at The Shops of Amelia Island Plantation
9. Make a difference, volunteer and support charity events such as Take Stock in Children at the Holiday Celebration
10. Travel somewhere you've never been. Omni has over 50 properties in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Or become a member of the Global Hotel Alliance to travel the world!
For those of you wanting to set your own New Year's resolutions for 2013, here's some thoughts on setting personal goals for yourself.
Tips for Setting New Year's Resolutions for 2013
1. Improve your well-being through exercise and diet
2. Enhance your financial health through saving, paying off debt, better spending choices, etc
3. Improve your career by finding a new job, getting an education, or learning something new
4. Do something you've always wanting to do like take a special trip, jump out of an airplane or call someone to mend a broken relationship
5. Develop your social strength through new friends, relationships, volunteering, or hobbies
6. Improve self by reducing stress, managing your time, stopping a bad habit, or helping others
Here's wishing you and yours a healthy, prosperous and successful new year of obtaining all your dreams and aspirations, one resolution at a time!
December 28, 2012 -