2013 Thanksgiving at Omni Amelia Island Plantation
Does it seem that we go straight from the end of summer to Christmas these days? We celebrate Halloween with pumpkin carving, a quick day of costumes and over indulging on candy, but then we fly straight into December festivities. But that skips one of my favorite holidays! The holiday where people aren’t distracted by decorations. The day where it’s all about the food, and the fellowship. The day where we slow down and reflect on what we’re truly thankful for. You know, before we spend the next month buying presents, over-decorating, and not appreciating the little things because we’re too distracted creating the perfect holiday season.
Don’t get me wrong, I am usually at Black Friday bright and early and have been known to have my Christmas tree up and decorated before others awake from their tryptophan slumber. But I feel bad for the forgotten holiday. I think we need to celebrate and give thanks for everything, and everyone, in our lives and allow that thanksgiving to catapult us into the holiday season. So this year, don’t rush from Halloween to December. Celebrate Thanksgiving. And if you need some help with your Thanksgiving plans, so you can focus on your thankfulness and those around you, then celebrate Thanksgiving at Omni Amelia Island Plantation. You’ll find we’re taking care of everything, and that is something you can be thankful for.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Omni Amelia Island Plantation
Thanksgiving Brunch at Sunrise Café
The festive Amelia Island Thanksgiving buffet awaits at the Sunrise Café! After breakfast is served from 6:30-10:30am, the grand meal will be served from 11am-3:30pm. Enjoy a full festive buffet in the Chef’s Kitchen complete with Art of Breakfast selections; a variety of cheeses, soup and salads; and an assortment of seafood; as well as traditional Thanksgiving dishes such as smoked sugar cured ham, whipped potatoes, green bean casserole, turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, Carolina gold rice, and roasted vegetables. Complete your holiday dinner with a selection of fine desserts! Did I mention bottomless mimosas and bloody marys? And to put the cherry on top, you can enjoy all of this from the best ocean view patio in Northeast Florida.
See the full menu.
$49/adult and $19/child
Three-course Thanksgiving at Verandah
Verandah will be serving a three-course Thanksgiving meal from 3-9pm for those looking for a plated dinner experience!
First Course – choice of
- Fried Green Tomato – blue crab salad, buttermilk aioli
- Beet Confit Salad – endive, humboldt fog goat cheese, bacon onion compote, pistachios
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail – Zatarain’s cocktail sauce, lemon
Second Course – choice of
- Roasted Turkey Breast – giblet gravy, whipped potato, dressing, cane sugar glazed carrots
- Strip Loin(5-6oz of a whole roasted NY Strip Loin) – Anson Mill’s grits, succotash
- Crab Crusted Grouper – whipped potato, Florida lemon butter sauce
- Pan Seared Salmon – butternut squash, black-eyed peas
- House Ham – collard greens, bacon onion compote
Third Course – choice of
- Pumpkin Pie – maple creme fraiche, candied pecan
- Triple Chocolate Cake – ole’ dirt road ice cream
- Apple Tart – cinnamon ice cream
$50/adult and $19/child
Marché Burette Thanksgiving Dinner-To-Go
If you’re more into having Thanksgiving dinner in your own home, but don’t want to prepare the meal yourself, look no further than Marché Burette’s dinner-to-go! Our chefs will prepare a traditional Thanksgiving meal to feed 6 to 8 people for just $99. Enjoy a fully cooked 12 pound turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, a whole pumpkin pie and a bottle of house Cabernet or Chardonnay! Pre-order by November 22nd and pick up your meal by 2pm on November 28th.
Additional Options for Thanksgiving at Omni Amelia Island Plantation
Our other restaurants will be serving Thanksgiving specials on Amelia Island, as well as their regular menus, during their special holiday hours. See below for a complete list of your selections to celebrate Thanksgiving at Omni Amelia Island Plantation!
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – 7am-6pm
Marsh View Bar & Grill
• Breakfast – 7-11am
• Lunch and dinner – 11am-6pm
• Special – Honey baked ham with sweet potato mash, roasted Brussels sprouts, $14
• Lunch and dinner – 10am-10pm
• Special – Prime rib of beef with black pepper potato, roasted carrot, natural jus, $34
• Lunch and dinner – 11am-10pm
• Special – Thanksgiving Pizza with turkey gravy, turkey, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn, smoked mozzarella, $12
• Grab-and-Go Breakfast – 6:30-11am
• Cocktails and regular menu – 11-2am
• Dinner – 3pm-12am
• Special – Turkey burger with mashed potato roll, “stuffing” mayo, cranberry jam, sweet potato fries, $13
• National Football League Feature Game
After your belly is full and the nap has worn off, bring the family out to Live Oak for a family game night! Starting at 6pm on Thanksgiving night you can play bingo and board games and enjoy some good ole’ fashion family fun!
Annual Holiday Celebration
For many on Amelia Island, the annual Holiday Celebration at Omni Amelia Island Plantation is a family tradition! Join us the Friday after Thanksgiving from 5-8pm at The Shops of Amelia Island Plantation as we kick off the holiday season! The festive tree lighting will feature live entertainment; holiday characters; kid’s entertainment with train rides, hayrides, a bounce house and crafts; pictures with Santa Claus; and the lighting of a 34-foot Christmas tree with thousands of twinkling white lights. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the local mentoring and scholarship program, Take Stock in Children.
This year, take time to enjoy Thanksgiving and all that it means. We would be honored to help you celebrate Thanksgiving at Omni Amelia Island Plantation! Call our concierge to make reservations for your Thanksgiving dinner at (904) 432-1467.