Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re-imagination Celebrates Construction Milestone
Two years ago Omni Hotels & Resorts purchased Amelia Island Plantation and broke ground on a $90 million re-imagination renovation last November. This past weekend we celebrated the largest milestone in our construction thus far – the upcoming topping-off of the last floors for the renovation. It’s so exciting seeing the highlights of progress each day that’s leading to the Omni Amelia Island Plantation re-imagination grand opening on March 1, 2013.
The Omni Amelia Island Plantation re-imagination celebrated the topping off with a fantastic group of meeting planners, journalists, and dignitaries getting a sneak peak preview of the new construction. A walk through of the new arrival, porte cochere, ocean view lobby and Seaglass Lounge was complete with the first photo taken in the lobby. A drum line amped up the festivities as we toured around the largest pool deck in Northeast Florida – truly magnifying the space of the adult’s infinity edge pool, large family pool, kid’s splash area and tiered lounge seating.
A few words were shared by our executive team but the highlight of the night was Tanner the Turtle, recreation mascot, zip lining from the roof of the new building to deliver a bottle of champagne (alright it was cider, it’s a construction site) to the project manager to ceremoniously break outside the new Oceanside bar and grill! And of course, what celebration isn’t complete without a few fireworks too?
The talented team in conference services and culinary with assistance from PRI Productions, transformed the Florida meeting spaces (soon to be over 80,000 square feet) into the most beautiful settings – from a jazz nightclub coinciding with the Amelia Island Jazz Fest; to an Asian inspired, oceanfront hospitality suite where the new chef’s kitchen will sit; to the spectacular sunset deck at the Marsh View Bar & Grill; to the intimate outdoor dinner beneath the live oak tree canopy at Racquet Park! The weekend was spectacular and showcased the future of the Florida beach vacation resort!
Here’s what we have to look forward to before our grand opening of the Florida resort this spring:
• The hotel renovation has been built in four building segments with the first two structures A and B having drywall to be completed by the end of this month
• Buildings C and D will have the full structure topped off in the coming days
• November 15th starts the renovations of the existing hotel in the Sunrise wing
• This incredible pool deck will come together at the end of the year and Oceanside bar and grill drywall begins this week followed by the installation of the kitchen equipment
• The new entry with porte cochere and valet garage is schedule for early December and the new parking garage is already in use by the resort team
• Heron’s Cove Adventure Golf, the new miniature golf in The Shops adjacent to the Nature Center, will be completed by the end of November and the multi-use Canopy Park will be formed in January
• The magnificent Magnolia Ballroom and foyer will come together at the end of December with final group space renovations complete in February
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re-imagined
After a year of work under our belts and just under six months remaining till our grand opening, we eagerly await the opportunity to host our guests, new and old, at the re-imagined Omni Amelia Island Plantation! Top This!
For more photos and video, check out our FaceBook page!